Join Stacey Roberts as she explores the perils of state tax nexus during this CPE conference hosted at CPE4U.
State Tax Nexus: Ignore at your Peril! CPE
In-person or Online Only
Monday, December 11, 2023 | 3:40 PM MT
State tax updates unfolding across the nation could have potentially significant implications on businesses. Stacey Roberts of TaxOps will discuss the creeping concept of nexus for income and sales tax, how the intertwined nature of state tax rules creates risk for noncompliance with SALT, and how remote workers create nexus.
After completing this course the participant will be able to:
- Explain common state income and sales tax issues for multistate businesses.Recognize the insidious nature of nexus for both income and sales tax compliance for all businesses.
- Understand how the nuanced nature of state tax rules create state-by-state risk for multistate businesses.
- Explain how remote workers create nexus in various jurisdictions.
Stacey Roberts, CPA
Director, State and Local Tax
Stacey Roberts, CPA, is State and Local Tax Director at TaxOps in Denver. She works closely with business clients managing all compliance issues related to state income/franchise and sales and use tax for flow through entities and C corporations across various industries; identifying planning opportunities and state and local credits and incentives; and mitigating state and local tax controversy issues with auditors and taxing jurisdictions. Her 25 years of experience in state and local tax also includes three of the Big Four accounting firms and a Fortune 500 company. She is a member of the Colorado Legislative Tax Policy Task Force through 2026 and a frequent speaker and author on SALT issues including the Journal of State Taxation, Strafford Publishing, and more.
More Tax News
- The Power of Data: Vertex’s Approach to Keeping Pace with Tax Changes with Mike Bernard
- Navigating Return to Provision Adjustment in ASC 740
- Colorado annual notice of earned income tax
- Top Ten State and Local Tax Issues to Watch in 2024
- Judy Vorndran Moderates International Businesses and the State Tax Twist CPE