Stacey Roberts – State and Local Tax Director
Stacey Roberts has been making state and local tax (SALT) less taxing for thousands of businesses over the last 25 years. As a director of the SALTovation team at TaxOps, she is at the table-and in the weeds-helping guide dynamic businesses through compliance and strategic planning that minimizes risk and strengthens tax positions. Stacey Roberts finds the singular SALT area fascinating and is energized by the daily challenges to design solutions that improve business tax outcomes.
At TaxOps, Stacey works closely with business clients managing all compliance issues related to state income/franchise and sales and use tax for flow through entities and C corporations across various industries; identifying planning opportunities and state and local credits and incentives; and, mitigating state and local tax controversy issues with auditors and taxing jurisdictions.
Stacey entered accounting with Andersen Worldwide/Andersen LLP, where she honed her state and local tax experience. She added stints at KPMG and Deloitte before moving in-house with a Fortune 500 company, managing State and Local Tax Administration. Prior to joining TaxOps, Stacey led the national SALT practice at a regional firm. Stacey is a member of the Colorado Legislative Tax Policy Task Force through 2026 and a frequent speaker and author on SALT issues for industry and professional organizations including the Journal of State Taxation, Strafford Publishing and more.
- Strategic, business-friendly nexus studies
- Apportionment analysis
- State tax audit and controversy assistance
- Sales and use taxability analysis
- Amnesty and voluntary disclosure agreements
- Sales tax automation
- Transaction planning and due diligence
- Tax & business law
- Bradley University, Bachelor of Science in Accounting
ADMISSIONS & MEMBERSHIP
- CPA (Colorado License #0027238)
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation (IPT)
- Member, Colorado Task Force Concerning Tax Policy
- Member, Tax and Accounting Advisory Board, Strafford Publishing, 2021
Get the right set of eyes on your challenging tax issues.
We like what we do, which makes us fun to work with. Don’t take our word for it.