Marisa Barslund – Tax Manager
Marisa Barslund joined TaxOps after years of experience in both the private sector and public accounting. She is responsible for managing business relationships, overseeing engagements, and ensuring overall client satisfaction.
Marisa is an accomplished tax professional with broad knowledge in federal and state and local tax compliance and reporting for a variety of entity types, including high net-worth individuals. With the tenet “no one wants to overpay taxes” as a motivator, she combines tax-technical expertise and business consulting to help reduce taxes and put clients in the best possible tax position.
She has previous experience as a tax accountant specializing in accounting for income taxes at Arrow Electronics, Inc., and in public accounting with a regional tax firm, where she was point person for clients with complex tax needs. Both roles developed the types of diverse middle-market client experience and expertise that fits well with the TaxOps’ client base and culture.
Marisa enjoys her days off playing board games, reading, and hanging out with her husband and dog Abu.
- Tax compliance and consulting
- Corporate & flow-through entity taxation
- Accounting for income taxes (ASC-740)
- High net-worth individual taxation
- Transaction due diligence
- IRS controversy assistance
- Colorado Mesa University, Master of Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Accounting
ADMISSIONS & MEMBERSHIP
- CPA (Colorado License #0033150)
- Colorado Society of CPAs
- American Institute of CPAs
Get the right set of eyes on your challenging tax issues.
We like what we do, which makes us fun to work with. Don’t take our word for it.