Stacey Roberts at TaxOps and Timothy Noonan at Hodgson Russ LLP present on state tax issues for private equity companies from the perspective of target and owner tax risk for Private Investment Fund.
State Tax Issues for Private Equity Companies: Target and Owner Tax Risks
Monday, December 5, 2022 | 9:10 – 10:10 AM MT | 11:10 AM – 12:10 PM ET
- Assessing target risk of multistate nexus, income tax and other tax types
- Cleaning up outstanding issues and planning in entity structure, escrow, remediation and compliance
- Assessing ownership risk for state income taxes
- Tackling residency risk upfront
- Understanding nonresident sourcing rules
Stacey Roberts, CPA, is State and Local Tax Director at TaxOps in Denver. She works closely with business clients managing all compliance issues related to state income/franchise and sales and use tax for flow through entities and C corporations across various industries; identifying planning opportunities and state and local credits and incentives; and mitigating state and local tax controversy issues with auditors and taxing jurisdictions. Her 25 years of experience in state and local tax also includes three of the Big Four accounting firms and a Fortune 500 company. She is a member of the Colorado Legislative Tax Policy Task Force through 2026 and a frequent speaker and author on SALT issues including the Journal of State Taxation, Strafford Publishing, and more.
Timothy P. Noonan is a partner with Hodgson Russ LLP. With more than 20 years in State and Local Tax controversy, Tim has handled more than 2,000 personal income tax, sales tax, corporate tax, or other New York tax audits, and over 100 cases in New York’s Division of Tax Appeals. He leads the firm’s Tax Residency Practice, one of the leading practitioners in this area of the law, and has handled some of the most high-profile residency cases in New York over the past decade. Tim authors “Noonan’s Notes, a monthly column in Tax Notes State and is a member of the Advisory Board of Tax Analysts’ Tax Notes State.
We solve tax problems with practical answers that make business sense in all jurisdictions and industries. By hiring our Big Four-veteran leaders and experienced professionals, you get a team of tax strategists on your side—and in your corner—supporting your strategy wherever business takes you. Find out more about how TaxOps is shaping the future of tax specialty services in federal, international, state and local and minimization solutions at TaxOps.com.
More Tax News
- Embrace Growth, We Are (Hiring, That is)
- Improving Taxpayer Experience and Reducing Federal Deficit: Insights from Wendy Walker, Solution Principal at Sovos – Part 1 | TaxOps
- ASC 740: Impacts on Your Financial Statements
- The Importance of Understanding Tax Software Functionality | Expert Discussion
- A Conversation with Timothy P. Noonan, Partner and Tax Residency Practice Leader at Hodgson Russ LLP