Tackling Sales Tax: Compliance, Sourcing, Leasing and Dealer Servicing
Dealer CPA Network Fall Conference
Thursday, November 4, 2021
2:35 pm – 3:45 pm | Dallas, Texas
Presented by Stacey Roberts, CPA
Like all businesses, dealers are subject to state and local tax including sales tax. In this session, Stacey Roberts will focus on the most pressing sales tax issues dealers face as well as cover sourcing, leasing, and dealer servicing related to sales tax.
Stacey L. Roberts, CPA
State and Local Tax Director
Ms. Roberts has been making SALT less taxing for over a 1,000 businesses over the last 25 years. As a director of the SALTovation team at TaxOps, she is at the table-and in the weeds-helping guide dynamic businesses through compliance and strategic planning that minimizes risk and strengthens tax positions. Ms. Roberts entered the accounting field with Andersen Worldwide/Andersen LLP, where she began to hone her state and local tax experience. She added stints at KPMG and Deloitte before moving in-house with Ball Corporation as their manager of State and Local Tax Administration. An interlude with a regional tax firm followed before Ms. Roberts joined TaxOps. She is a frequent speaker and author on SALT issues for industry and professional organizations including the Denver Tax Institute, Product PowerUp, NowCFO and more.
More Tax News
- A Practical Approach to ASC 740 CPE
- Research and Development Credits CPE: Into the Weeds on Lucrative Credits
- Uncovering the Mysteries of Use Tax CPE: Use Tax Accrual, Validation, and Compliance
- Retailer Sales Tax Challenges and Compliance CPE: Navigating State Nexus Rules, Market Facilitator Laws, and Reporting
- Business vs. Nonbusiness Income CPE: When to Allocate and When to Apportion