Join Alexander Korzhen and Kyle Brehm for virtual CLE on sales tax, including monitoring and complying with marketplace facilitation laws, risk mitigation and the role of automation.
2020 Tax Institute
December 14 – 15, 2020 8:30 am – 4:50 pm
Sales tax nexus continued to evolve as states attempted to expand the bounds of the physical presence requirements laid out in National Bellas Hess and Quill. However, that evolution accelerated when the Supreme Court overturned longstanding precedent and acknowledged an economic presence standard in Wayfair.
As sales tax nexus has evolved, the impact has been perplexing when coordinating the new nexus standards with the expansion of marketplace provider laws across the nation. This session will discuss ongoing sales tax nexus and marketplace issues, and will spend time discussing strategies to identify and eliminate historical liability risk as well as approaches to monitoring sales tax nexus on a prospective basis.
Let’s Talk Tax
Contact Alexander Korzhen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 763.703.5713.
More Tax News
- Advancing Sound Tax Policy with Katherine Loughead
- NJ Adopts MTC Line on Internet Activities and Moves to Factor-Presence
- Taxpayer Advocacy with Olga Goldberg: Part 2
- Tram Le on Tax Technology End to End 301 at IPT
- Alexander Korzhen Moderates Sales Tax Automation Panel and Tax Boot Camp Discussion