TaxOps is a boutique business tax firm of specialized knowledge professionals who are passionate about client services, work-life balance and having fun. The clients we serve are upper middle-market business with U.S. and international operations that have interesting and challenging tax issues. Our collaborative teams have the streamlined authority and ability to have a meaningful impact with clients.
We are seeking a Tax Senior to join our State and Local Tax team. If you’ are looking for a team environment and are able to efficiently self-direct, motivated to take ownership, and have the requisite skills, TaxOps is looking for you! Recognized as a Best Accounting Firms to Work For by Accounting Today, we take our business seriously but not ourselves, and are known for straight-talk and a flair for fun.
Come find out why at TaxOps.com. Apply online.
- Prepare state and local tax filings (e.g., sales tax returns and business tax registrations) apportionment schedules, state income tax returns, as directed.
- Research state and local tax matters, document issues, analysis and conclusions and create deliverables in both qualitative (memo) and quantitative (excel) formats.
- Participate in and preparation of voluntary disclosure, nexus review, technical research, exposure quantification, audit defense and similar projects
- Identify state tax developments impacting firm clients
- Develop client and community relationships
- Contribute to the community by serving on various tax counsels, BOD’s, tax communities such as IPT, CACI (in Colorado or the equivalent in other states
- Speak, write, blog, podcast — help TaxOps SALT continue to build worldwide eminence for our deeply experienced team of former Big 4 experts
- Have fun!
Job Requirements and Preferences
- 2-5+ years of recent public accounting experience or SALT focused industry experience
- Big 4 experience a plus!
- CPA or J.D. designation (or in process)
- Highly valued – Attorney, LLM or Master’s in Tax
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications and tax research tools
- Competitive salary and benefits; bonus opportunities
- Work/life balance, mentoring, team collaboration and ongoing training
- Regular remote working opportunities
Base Pay Range
- $65,000 – $85,000 Negotiable, based on experience; non-referred hires are eligible for a signing bonus
Apply online now
TaxOps LLC is an equal opportunity employer. TaxOps LLC complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.