Join our award-winning business tax specialty team! As a Tax Senior Manager at TaxOps, you will play a pivotal role in leading and managing our federal tax practice.
TaxOps, founded by former Big Four tax executives, is a forward-thinking public accounting firm that prioritizes the best aspects of a big firm setting while eliminating bureaucracy in support of hands-on engagement with clients and co-workers. Committed to delivering fully customized solutions, TaxOps focuses on efficiency and excellence for our clients, employees, and partners. Our culture embodies a fun, supportive “firmily” where great people do great work, fostering a sense of belonging, challenge, and impact on businesses globally.
As a Tax Senior Manager at TaxOps, you will play a pivotal role in leading and managing our federal tax practice, with a specific emphasis on flow-through entity taxation. Contributing to our mission of delivering exceptional service in a collaborative work environment, you will oversee client engagements, provide strategic tax planning, and manage compliance. We seek a CPA candidate with 10+ years of experience, a strong background in flow-through entity taxation, excellent leadership skills, and a commitment to our client-centric approach. This is a Denver-based hybrid position.
Join us in leading and shaping the future of tax specialty services by taking care of our clients, our people, and our communities. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or apply directly online at TaxOps/careers.
Find out more about why our team chooses to work together at TaxOps.com!
Client Engagement Management
- Lead and manage a portfolio of tax clients, with a focus on flow-through entities, ensuring the seamless and accurate delivery of services
- Serve as the primary client liaison, addressing their tax-related needs and providing strategic guidance
Flow-Through Entity Taxation
- Demonstrate expertise in flow-through entity taxation, including partnerships, S corporations, and LLCs
- Develop and implement tax planning strategies specific to flow-through entities
Tax Planning and Compliance
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local tax regulations for flow-through entities, individuals, businesses, and other entities
- Develop and implement tailored tax planning strategies that align with TaxOps’ commitment to customized solutions
- Supervise and mentor a team of tax professionals, fostering a collaborative and supportive work environment
- Conduct performance evaluations, identify training needs, and contribute to the professional development of team members
- Review complex tax returns and other client deliverables related to flow-through entities to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulations
- Implement and maintain quality control procedures, upholding TaxOps’ commitment to delivering high-quality service
Client Advisory Services
- Provide proactive tax advice to clients, specifically related to flow-through entities, identifying opportunities for tax savings and risk mitigation
- Stay abreast of changes in tax laws and regulations, advising clients on potential impacts
Job Requirements and Preferences
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field; CPA required
- Proven experience (10+ years) in public accounting and tax consulting
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local tax regulations
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in tax software and Microsoft Office Suite
At TaxOps, compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable base pay estimate for this position is a range of $135,000 to $180,000. The base wage range for this role takes into account a wide set of factors considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. Additional bonus opportunities available.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Retirement savings plan with employer contributions
- Professional development opportunities
- Positive and collaborative work culture at TaxOps
TaxOps LLC is an equal opportunity employer. TaxOps LLC complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.