The Tax Foundation map of state and local taxes (SALT) shows SALT collections per capita in each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia. Janelle Cammenga writes that collections of $10,717 per capita in D.C. surpass those in any state. The five states with the highest tax collections per capita are New York ($9,073), Connecticut ($7,638), New Jersey ($6,978), North Dakota ($6,665), and Hawaii ($6,640). The five states with the lowest tax collections per capita are Alabama ($3,370), Tennessee ($3,405), Arizona ($3,472), South Carolina ($3,522), and Oklahoma ($3,544).
Read more: The Tax Foundation
See how these findings compare to the 24/7 Wall St. report.
Let’s Talk Tax
Judy Vorndran can be reached at email@example.com or 720.227.0093.
Latest Tax News
- Silicon Valley Bank Users: Make Sales Tax Bank Information Changes Now
- TaxOps Advocates for Ethics in Business
- Sales Tax Automation: Avoid the Bait and Switch?
- Transitioning R&D Expenses: Implementing New §174 Capitalization Requirements CPE
- Surviving the Wayfair Fallout CPE