November 30 is the first day to sign up for a myPATH profile on the Pennsylvania Tax Hub. myPATH is replacing the old e-Tides tax filing portal but requires some attention in the transition.
Today, November 30, is the first day to sign up for a myPATH profile on the Pennsylvania Tax Hub. myPATH is replacing the old (and by old, we mean ancient) e-Tides tax filing portal.
During the transition, taxpayers and their tax providers must actively create a new myPATH profile and update credentials in their third-party tax engines, if applicable.
Pennsylvania issued the following guidance of what to do. Contact your TaxOps advisor with any questions regarding this transition.
What you need to do
To file electronically, you will be required to sign up for a myPATH profile on or after November 30th. With a myPATH profile, you can also view letters from the department, update names and addresses, send messages directly to the department, allow other users to file and pay on your behalf and more.
To Sign Up for a myPATH profile on or after November 30, you will need the following items:
- A unique email address that is not associated with any other myPATH profile
- Usernames must be a minimum of 5 characters (no special characters)
- Passwords must be a minimum of 8 characters and must contain at least one of the following: uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters
- Primary phone number
When then gaining access to a tax account, you will need the following items to gain access:
• Valid ID number (SSN, FEIN, PATH ID, or Revenue ID)
• One of the following in order to gain access to the tax account:
ဝ Payment amount on the specified tax type; or,
ဝ Return line-item amount on the specified tax type; or,
ဝ PATH Letter ID; or,
ဝ Online Business Registration Confirmation Code.
On or after November 30, 2022, existing e-TIDES users will also have the option to migrate their existing e-TIDES access once they are logged in to myPATH.
- Customer will create a myPATH login and be presented with a link to migrate e-TIDES access once logged in.
- Customer will then enter their e-TIDES User IDs and Passwords (i.e., e-Signature account credentials) to gain their existing access in e-TIDES.
More Tax News
- Connecting to Your Clients With Stacey Roberts
- A Practical Approach to ASC 740 CPE
- Research and Development Credits CPE: Into the Weeds on Lucrative Credits
- Uncovering the Mysteries of Use Tax CPE: Use Tax Accrual, Validation, and Compliance
- Retailer Sales Tax Challenges and Compliance CPE: Navigating State Nexus Rules, Market Facilitator Laws, and Reporting