Davinia Lyon – Partner, Corporate and International Tax
Davinia Lyon is a dynamic and diversified tax expert with more than 25 years of public and private accounting experience. As a respected leader in the tax community, her energy and success in guiding teams to best tax outcomes stems from a professional goal to do what’s right, and do it well, for clients.
In her role at TaxOps, she specializes in corporate and international tax and planning, including income tax provisions (ASC 740), business strategy tax impact analysis, transfer pricing, foreign compliance and reporting, M&A transaction and entity restructuring. She also counsels clients under audit and in their efforts to develop corporate tax departments and related support areas.
Davinia came to TaxOps from Jacobs Engineering, which merged with CH2M in December 2017, creating a $15 billion in revenue combined entity. As senior tax director of global tax accounting and transfer pricing during the transaction, she led the integration of tax teams, ensuring process efficiency and employee retention, and the income tax provisions for ASC 740, layering in the effects of tax reform and purchase accounting. She also implemented a revised transfer pricing methodology maximizing tax benefits in compliance with global transfer pricing requirements. Prior to Jacobs Engineering, Davinia spent seven years at EY conducting large, corporate outsource compliance engagements.
Davinia is admired by clients and peers for a proactive and responsive client experience, established early in her career, where clients are invited to ask questions at any time. She enjoys partnering with growth-oriented businesses and driving value to their organizations. Because tax is a puzzle, Davinia expertly makes the pieces fit by combining business goals with compliance and the corporate responsibility to pay tax, but not overpay. Operating like an in-house tax executive, she implements solutions that are above all strategic in how tax is done and attuned to how the business operates.
Davinia is a frequent speaker at conferences and events where she enjoys sharing her knowledge with business and tax communities. She stays active outside of work with family and enjoys time outdoors biking, running, skiing and playing tennis.
- All areas of corporate and international tax and planning for public and private corporations
- Income tax (ASC-740) provision analysis and disclosures
- Business strategy tax impact analysis and implementation
- Transfer pricing review and foreign reporting
- Tax structure and choice of entity selection
- Operational tax planning
- Audit assistance and issue resolution
- Transaction planning and M&A due diligence
- Tax team development and efficiency review
- Master of Taxation, University of Denver, 2000
- Accounting and Business Administration, Dordt College, 1995
Designations and Licenses
- Certified Public Accountant (Colorado License #0018950)
- Board of Trustees, Special Olympics, Colorado
- Board Member, Treasurer, Volunteers in Action
- Board Member, Clinica Tepeyac
Get the right set of eyes on your challenging tax issues.
We like what we do, which makes us fun to work with. Don’t take our word for it.