Join Alexander Korzhen, TaxOps, and John O’Mahoney, KPMG, as they share a Minnesota Tax Update at the Minnesota Tax Institute two-day conference in Minneapolis for legal professionals.
Minnesota Tax Law Update
The 83rd Annual Tax Institute
December 12, 2023 | 11:40 am – 12:55 pm
This session will discuss recent Minnesota Supreme Court and Minnesota Tax Court income tax and sales tax decisions (as well as an overview of some important cases that currently are pending in the courts). The presenters will also provide an update on recent Minnesota DOR Revenue Notices, the 2023 Tax Bill, proposed Department of Revenue guidance and thoughts on the upcoming legislative session.
Alexander Korzhen, JD
State and Local Senior Tax Manager, TaxOps
Alexander has 18+ years of state and local tax (SALT) specialization, driving positive tax outcomes for clients of all sizes across industries. He has extensive experience in all aspects of SALT advisory, planning and compliance. Alexander is currently Chair of the National Association of State Bar Tax Sections.
John M. O’Mahoney
KPMG US, Saint Paul
About Tax Institute
The 2023 Tax Institute features 15 sessions that will provide yearly updates along with a wide array of essential tax topics.
In addition to the annual updates on Business, Individual and Minnesota Taxes, the Institute features Legislative and
Statutory, International, Real Estate, and Pass-Through Entity Tax Updates as well! Additional sessions will cover:
- IRS Audits, Appeals, and Litigation
- Employment Retention and Listed Transactions
- M&A Tax Due Diligence • Interaction of Immigration Issues and Tax Laws
- Privileges, Kovels, Settlements, and Ethics Rules
- The Fireside Chat with the Minnesota Department of Revenue
- Top Ten Residency Myths and FAQs
More Tax News
- Navigating Return to Provision Adjustment in ASC 740
- Colorado annual notice of earned income tax
- Top Ten State and Local Tax Issues to Watch in 2024
- Judy Vorndran Moderates International Businesses and the State Tax Twist CPE
- Alexander Korzhen on Adventures in Local Sales and Use Taxes CPE